At this time of year, I am constantly looking for fast, easy recipes that are also healthy and prepare a lot of food. The prep time for this meal was easily ten minutes, and it provided food for six portions! The chicken can easily be marinated if you want it to be more flavorful, and the seasonings below are suggestions, you can play around and see what fits your liking. Check out the recipe below if you want the perfect summer meal-
(I also last minute decided to add Couscous, but this dish would go very well with brown rice or quinoa- let me know how it turns out!)
1 pound of chicken
1 red pepper
1 yellow squash
2 broccoli heads
1 teaspoon of Tony’s Chachere seasoning
¼ a teaspoon of seasoned salt
¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
Garlic salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the onion, squash, zucchini, broccoli, and red pepper
- Put the vegetables into a bowl and cover with olive oil and seasoning- stir to make the seasoning even.
- Dice the chicken, put it in a separate bowl and season with the same seasoning and olive oil (I put more Tony’s seasoning on the chicken)
- Place five- six foil sheets out, and place the vegetables and chicken evenly in each. Make sure you don’t put too much so you can securely close the foil.
- When finished, tightly close each foil sheet and wrap it around the vegetables and chicken. Make sure there are no openings.
- Place the stuffed foil sheets evenly inside of the oven and cook for 40 minutes- check the packs every twenty minutes!